This is our latest low effort small gear Chevy Horsepower pump.
Has all the trick features , 1 inch short gears, high Nickel steel, No
powdered metal. Preset 45-50 lbs
New for 2013 is the external discharge relief valve with ball instead of cup valve.
SCHUMANNS PRO MAX 140 SERIES
WET SUMP PERFORMANCE OIL PUMPS WITH A DRY SUMP ATTITUDE!
* Built with patent Pending Technology for todays 2012 race season!* Popular engine coverage: Small Block Chevy, Big Block Chevy, LSFamily Small Block Chevy and Windsor Fords available now! Others to followsoon!
Whats new about Pro Max 140s Seven features!
1. Instant 140% Volumetric By Pass!
Typical traditional internal by pass methods use a non seated cup or spoolplug devise in a bore with considerable movement distance to uncover a lowflow rate internal port to the common pool volumetric gear chamber. Anadequate every day driver technique that features: Low intake flow, low flowand slow reacting partial internal bypass that features internalre-circulating oil and fast oil temperature warm up for sub-zero weather.
Schumanns Pro Max 140 features HUGH volumetric external bypass volumes(140% of pump maximum at any R.P.M..) is instantly operational as enginedemand volumes fluctuate by R.P.M. levels.
2. External bypass is absolute! Created by engine volume demandscontrolled by a seated ball valve of instant reaction cycle with initiallinear movement of only .001! Not 1/8, or inch! External bypass racingoil temperatures are lower as recompression oil volume cycles are reducedand a higher intake cool sump oil is consumed.
3. 100% OVER SIZE BALL VALVE USAGE! Cup and spool plug styles areprone to foreign material (dirt) problems that are deposited and stickbetween O.D. cup/spool and I.D. of housing bore. Our ball valve is seatedto promote ultimate suction draw (pump re-prime) at initial seat contact.Ball valve hydraulic systems have characteristic repeatability! Automotiveexample: Early GM hydromantic transmissions 1942-48 were not dependable asclutch packs and bands were applied out of synchronization. Shifts weredrawn out and belabored. 1949 same hydromantic with new ball valve shiftbody, new Olds V-8 in a Olds/ Chevy coupe = A rocket on the street!
4. Constant flow intake cycle is a dry sump characteristic and quickR.P.M.s have instant oil positive flow available! Internal typical by passsystems have three intake cycles! Positive flow into gear cavity commonpool. Stagnant sluggish flow with partial internal bypass. Reversion of oilflow caused by internal bypass volume exceeding engine demand at thatinstant. Pro Max 140 external technology can bypass 40% more oil volume thanthe pump can generate at any R.P.M. instantly! The only stagnant oil is atoriginal startup. Positive flow is constant at all R.P.M. and oil volumelevels!
5. Lowest torque load on mechanical oil pump components and relateddrive components. Internal bypass systems promote wear or breakage byinability of bypass excessive non required oil, leading to hydraulic lockingof pump prior to reversion intake cycle occurrence.
6. Pro Max 140 Hydraulic technology is advantageous for all types ofracing and not intended for street idle driving. Appropriate volume and flowcharacteristics are applicable by race application!
7. High strength Metallurgical mechanical design and 3 to 5 axismachine tolerance attitudes are utilized.